The Accounts Payable Specialist ensures that invoices are paid on time and are properly supported by appropriate documentation.
Individual responsibilities may include the following:
Specific job skills:
• Thorough knowledge of basic bookkeeping, business procedures and accounts payable required.
• Requires strong attention to detail, reconciliation skills, and ability to maintain confidential information.
• Requires strong computer skills, including 10 key and Microsoft Office with intermediate skills in Excel.
• Efficiency analyzing data, problem solving, and working well under pressure.
• Must be able to provide clear verbal and/or written communications with the ability to provide exceptional customer service; must have strong interpersonal and decision making skills so that problems with vendors or employees can be efficiently resolved.
• Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures also helpful.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and some higher education or vocational training specializing in accounting (or a combination of equivalent education and work experience). Requires a minimum of two years of office experience and knowledge of accounts payable, business procedures, and basic bookkeeping. Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures also helpful. Requires proficiency with Word, Excel, e-mail, and use of 10 key. Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.