The Research Assistant supports the Clinical Research Coordinators and assists with a variety of duties related to the conduct of clinical research protocols.
Approximately 50-70% of the time the work largely focuses on attending to administrative details with regard to clinical research:
• Assisting with the study start-up process
• Filing regulatory documents
• Collecting financial disclosure forms
• Scheduling subjects
• Completing case report forms
• Transporting test articles from the pharmacy to Clinical Research Center
Approximately 30-50% of the time the Research Assistant may:
• Recruit, screen and schedule study participants
• Draw, process and aliquot samples
• Interact with subjects as directed by the coordinator for back-up or special testing, e.g., neurology tests, subject questionnaires
Requires strong computer, written, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and a high school diploma. Experience in health care or research is preferable. If an RA is to draw blood, then a Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist license is required; licensure may be completed after hire.