- Knowledgeable in genomics data processing pipelines and cloud-based saleable computing
- Understanding of genomic experimental methods, including strengths and weaknesses
- Experience in data modeling, clustering, interpretation and visualization
- Skilled in the application of statistics or biostatistics to scientific data. For example: analysis of complex multidimensional data such as next generation sequence data (NGS), flow cytometry, or CyTOF, translating scientific hypotheses into quantitative experiments, explaining the application of statistical tests to non-statisticians
- Command of statistical tools, such as R, SAS, and Matlab
- Regular use of scripting or higher level programming languages (e.g. Shell, Python, Perl, Java)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
B.S. or M.S. and 0-3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience in bioinformatics, statistics, or other science. A strong understanding of the principals of bioinformatics preferred.
Benaroya Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.