This position is responsible for providing technical laboratory support for biomedical research projects performing both routine and non-routine lab procedures.
• Preparing laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks, cultures and cell lines.
• Operating a variety of laboratory instruments such as spectrometers, electrophoresis radiation counters, PCR machines, measuring instruments and devices.
• Performing chemical, physical, or biological analyses following written protocols.
• Preparing fractionated samples from blood using sterile technique.
• Maintain laboratory records by recording detailed data, including photography and computer input, in a literate and thorough manner.
• Conduct lab inventory, complete purchase orders for hardware, glassware, and supplies.
BA/BS in a scientific field and basic laboratory skills required. Prior work in a laboratory environment preferred. Successful completion and documentation of experiments involving mammalian tissue culture and multi-parameter flow cytometry preferred. Must have basic mathematical, data recording, computer database, data and statistical analysis skills.
Benaroya Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.