The Clinical Research Assistant’s primary responsibility is unit flow and organization, and to support the work of the Clinical Research Center’s nurses and study staff. This position is based in an outpatient research clinic and requires regular communication with multi-disciplinary research personnel including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, coordinators and other research assistants.
Computer-based tasks include managing the clinic calendar using Microsoft Outlook and data entry into Excel spreadsheets. Attention to detail, in addition to organizational and customer service skills are imperative in this position. The Clinical Research Assistant will also be trained to perform certain patient care activities, including blood draws, taking vital signs, and prepping patient rooms.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Excel is required
• Experience in health care or research preferred
• Medical Assistant-Registered application submitted within 90 days of hire
• Basic Life Support training required within 90 days of hire