This position raises awareness among individuals, patient groups and medical providers about type 1 diabetes research studies, with the goal of recruiting participants to our clinical studies.
• Identify appropriate contacts and cultivate leads among regional healthcare providers, patient groups and individuals.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with healthcare providers and patient groups as a source to generate participants in Seattle-area clinical trials.
• Develop and implement participant recruitment campaigns, using print, online and social media platforms; including developing content for email, direct mail, newsletters, flyers, webpages, and slideshows, while strictly adhering to protocol and Institute Review Board compliance.
• Track provider and participant contact and engagement.
• Provide administrative, clerical and logistical support as needed.
The ideal candidate has an understanding of type 1 diabetes and an enthusiasm for diabetes research.
• Minimum one year full-time related experience. Experience in healthcare or research preferable.
• Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Professional in-person, telephone and email communication are required.
• Must be able to write clearly and persuasively.
• Comfortable working with patients and providers, including clinicians and nurses.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with a team are essential to this position.
• Must be available to travel and work some evenings and weekends.