fThis position is primarily responsible for providing entry level administrative support to one or more of the compliance committees managed by the Research Protections Department. These committees include the Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC). Activities must be carried out in support of RPD staff with the goal of compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations for protection of Human Research Subjects, institutional oversight of recombinant DNA research, and laws applicable to the use of animals in research. This also applies to all applicable local institutional polices that govern each activity.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Receive, print, scan, screen or copy various regulatory documents when necessary; whether in paper or though the electronic regulatory software.
• Provide coordination and administrative support for basic processing of all submissions to the IRB; whether in paper or though the electronic regulatory software. May provide additional administrative assistance to the IBC and IACUC (e.g. internal document control for all IRB/IBC/IACUC applications and screeners etc.)
• Collection and distribution of various IRB correspondence/approvals to/from the RPD.
• Basic filing of all regulatory documents.
• Tracking required training for the IRB/IBC/IACUC Key Personnel as applicable. (e.g. Ethics, GCP, various IBC and ACUC training, etc.)
• Complete miscellaneous administrative projects as assigned by the RPD supervisor.
Requires a B.S. or B.A. and either 1-2 years IRB of research experience or similar administrative support to research projects or grants (may substitute college degree with a high school degree PLUS a total of 2-3 years relevant work experience). Ideal candidate will have some knowledge of IRBs or other relevant regulatory experience.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
• Professional communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to write clear, detailed technical correspondence, in a deadline-driven environment.
• Should have the ability to navigate and provide administrative support to the RPD regulatory software.
Requires the continuous need to read, write, speak and understand English. In addition, the incumbent must continuously utilize strong interpersonal skills with others both inside and outside of the organization. This position must occasionally make decisions, work effectively on a team. In addition, the incumbent must be able to analyze and resolve problems both with and without the input of others depending on the complexity of the problem.
This position requires frequent walking and grasping of objects. The incumbent must continuously be able to sit, hear and do repetitive motions with both the hands and wrists. In addition this position requires the ability to talk, reach and handle objects pertaining to the work. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. On a rare occasion the incumbent must be able to push, pull or carry up to 20 pounds.
Work is normally performed during daytime hours in an office setting. Much of the work involves close-up CRT/computer use. Individual may work in close quarters with others. Position currently offers the ability to work remotely one day a week.
$19.59 to $23.99
Click here for more details.