Supports the Clinical Research Coordinators and assists with a variety of duties related to the conduct of clinical research protocols. The work largely focuses on attending to administrative details (approximately 50-70% of the time) with regard to:
• clinical research
• assist with the study start-up process
• file regulatory documents
• collect financial disclosure forms
• schedule subjects
• complete case report forms
• transport test article from the pharmacy to subjects
The Research Assistant may also:
• perform blood draws
• collect vitals
• perform EKG’s
• recruit, screen and schedule study participants
• process and aliquot samples
• interact with subjects as directed by the coordinator for back-up or special testing, e.g., neurology tests, subject questionnaires (approximately 30-50% of the time).
Requires strong computer, written, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and a high school diploma. Experience in health care or research is preferable.