The Director, Information Systems, leads a team of 13 employees. The position reports to the Executive Director and has overall responsibility for serving as the strategic interface with business units and strategic partners for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. This person will also be a member of BRI’s Administrative Leadership Team.
• Directs and manages computing and information technology strategic plans, policies, programs and schedules for business and finance data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to support and accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
• Provides overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers, reviews project requests, and coordinates schedules/departmental activities.
• Prepares activity and progress reports regarding applications systems analysis and programming sections. Applications Development may include both systems analysis and programming 'from scratch' or configuration of packaged products created by third parties.
• Responsible for the overall enterprise wide effectiveness and efficiency of data center technology systems and networks and in ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained.
• Leads the migration to new technologies, evaluates processing performance relating to machine utilization and reliability, and forecasts financial, physical, and human resource needs to meet established objectives.
• Prepares RFI’s/RFP’s and evaluate responses in support of appropriate technical vendor solutions.
• Maintains HIPAA compliance and system to ensure maximum protection from unauthorized access which includes management of Annual Security Risk Assessment and related mitigations.
• Oversees and coordinates network/data operations, business continuity and disaster recovery plans that isolate problems and implement pre-planned alternative routes or systems to restore service.
• Directs the preparation, review, and consolidation of information systems budgets and business plans. Ensures adherence to budgets and business plans through periodic review of financial reports and capital appropriation requests.
• May be responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing policies, standards, and methodologies.
• May be responsible for hardware contract administration and/or outsourcing contract administration and service levels including negotiation of contract provisions, interface with legal department at Virginia Mason Medical Center, and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
This role is expected to maintain 25-45% level of effort to grant-funded projects. This person will also be a member of BRI’s Administrative Leadership Team.
Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent, ten years of experience in a senior-level information technology position, and extensive training/skills in Program/Project Management. An advanced degree in the sciences would be a plus. Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of information technology computer systems and software and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations. Experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a large division/company. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.