A Research Technician is needed for laboratory experiments in an Immunology lab focusing on the inflammatory response.
- Tissue culture of human cells, reagent preparation and data acquisition and analysis.
- Preparing progress reports including gathering, organizing, and interpreting data and preparing data for presentations and manuscripts.
- Confering with other scientific personnel; attend seminars and technical meetings.
- Initiating and conducing experimental protocols with minimal instruction.
- Preparing laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks, cultures and cell lines.
- Operating a variety of laboratory instruments such as spectrometers, electrophoresis radiation counters, PCR machines, flow cytometers, measuring instruments and devices.
- Performing chemical, physical, or biological analyses following written protocols.
- Working with mice, including immunization and surgeries.
- Preparing fractionated samples from blood using sterile techniques.
- Maintaining lab records, prepare slides and conduct literature searches.
- Other duties include conducting lab inventory, and conducting experimental protocols with minimal instruction.