This position is responsible for providing technical laboratory support for biomedical research projects performing both routine and non-routine lab procedures.
• Preparing laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks, cultures and cell lines.
• Operating a variety of laboratory instruments such as spectrometers, electrophoresis radiation counters, PCR machines, measuring instruments and devices.
• Performing chemical, physical, or biological analyses following written protocols.
• Working with mice, including immunization and surgeries if this is the focus of the project.
• Preparing fractionated samples from blood using sterile technique.
• Maintain laboratory records by recording detailed data, including photography and computer input, in a literate and thorough manner.
• Prepare slides for light or fluorescent microscopy.
• Conduct literature search and read literature applicable to research area.
• Conduct lab inventory, complete purchase orders for hardware, glassware, and supplies.
• Conduct and document experiments involving mammalian tissue culture and multiparameter flow cytometry following written protocols.
Must have basic mathematical, data recording, computer database, data and statistical analysis skills. May require skill in animal surgery techniques. BA/BS in biology or chemistry and previous research experience is required.