The Khor laboratory at Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason Hospital is seeking creative and highly motivated individuals for the position of Postdoctoral Research Associate. The scientist will be engaged in studying novel pathways regulating regulatory T cell biology and how they are dysregulated in autoimmunity. Work includes both human and animal models and involves multidisciplinary collaboration. Immunology, in vivo mouse model and systems biology experience is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be expected to design and implement projects, work with both human samples and mice, collaborate within and between labs, participate in the drafting of scientific publications and funding proposals, and may, with direction from the PI, supervise technical support personnel. This is a transitory training position; the selected individual will receive strong mentoring to promote scientific growth and development.
• Recent or anticipated PhD, MD or MD/PhD
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Collaborative; performs as team member and has good interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and effectively
• Proven track record of problem-solving
• Publication in peer-reviewed journals
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.