The IT Operations Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization's helpdesk so that user problems are identified, prioritized, researched, resolved, and followed-up quickly and competently.
This role supervises 3 helpdesk technicians.
• Ensure that helpdesk technicians use and maintain helpdesk software so that activities and performance can be monitored.
• Analyze helpdesk enquiries to identify recurring user problems, recommend solutions, and to identify areas where helpdesk service can be improved.
• Consults on the support requirements of purchased or built software, with the applications developers and business units.
• Minimizes team randomization and prioritizes larger work efforts.
• Develops problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist helpdesk staff to respond to user problems that are recurring.
• Provides second-tier support to end users for either workstation or server needs, including application and hardware support, and escalated support issues.
Requires in depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Office, and other commonly used workstation software. Knowledge of existing and emerging computing hardware is required, including Microsoft, Apple Mac and iOS, Android, and other end-user systems. Knowledge of common operating systems and established networking technologies is required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, and Virtual Machine Manager required. Some knowledge of Linux systems is also required. This role will be responsible for leading the support team to adopt more efficient solutions, so knowledge of process automation and some experience with PowerShell or other scripting is required.
Requires leadership skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. This role will be part of an on-call support rotation.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a course of study relevant to Information Technology or the organization’s primary mission, or four years of equivalent experience as a technical lead in an operations or help desk function. Desire at least one year of supervisory experience.