The Research Technician I will be responsible for performing cellular and molecular experiments for collaborative research projects, recording and analyzing data, communicating results and operating specialized and highly technical equipment.
Reports to principal investigator or designee.
• Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks, and cultures.
• Operate a variety of laboratory instruments such as cytometers, CyTOF, PCR machines, measuring instruments and devices.
• Perform chemical, physical, or biological analyses following written protocols.
• Prepare fractionated samples from blood using sterile techniques.
• Maintain lab records, prepare slides and conduct literature searches. Other duties include conducting lab inventory, preparing data for progress reports, and conducting experimental protocols with minimal instruction.
• Prepare summary reports for collaborators including gathering, organizing, analyzing and interpreting data and preparing data for presentations and manuscripts.
• Confer with other scientific personnel; attend seminars and technical meetings.
• Initiate and conduct experimental protocols with minimal instruction.
• May train and/or supervise lab aides/techs.
Must be detail oriented, having strong mathematical skills and experience with cell culture. Will also need to be able to quickly learn proper operation of complex laboratory instruments. Must have good verbal and writing skills, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Requires a BA/BS in a scientific field. Experience in tissue culture and flow cytometry preferred.