This position is responsible for providing technical laboratory support for biomedical research projects performing both routine and non-routine lab procedures.
• Preparing laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks, cultures and cell lines.
• Basic molecular biology (cloning, plasmid isolation and transformation).
• Production and purification of proteins
• Working with mice, including immunization and surgeries if this is the focus of the project.
• Preparing samples from human blood, stool and tissue using sterile technique.
• Maintain laboratory records by recording detailed data, including photography and computer input, in a literate and thorough manner.
• Conduct lab inventory, complete purchase orders for hardware, glassware, and supplies.
Must have basic mathematical, data recording, computer database, data and statistical analysis skills.
BA/BS in a scientific field and basic laboratory skills required.
Prior work in a laboratory environment, especially multi-parameter flow cytometry, molecular biology or protein production, preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.