This position performs routine work in a research laboratory including equipment maintenance and provides general assistance to technical laboratory personnel to help keep the lab in a clean and orderly state. Performs simple, routine laboratory tests under close supervision.
20 hours per week.
• Performing simple, routine and repetitive laboratory tests and procedures as directed.
• Preparing media and reagents, such as stock solutions.
• Rinsing and preparing glassware for cleaning.
• Delivering glassware to storage areas.
• Maintaining a clean and orderly laboratory area.
• Cleaning and maintaining lab equipment.
• Checking and replenishing supplies.
• Assisting with experiments and set-up.
• Performing some clerical duties as required.
Graduation from High School or equivalent with an interest in the sciences. A minimum of one year as a Lab Aide I or equivalent experience is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.