We are recruiting a highly motivated Research Technician to support the development of clinical laboratory experiments.
The successful candidate will utilize a variety of cutting-edge cellular and molecular techniques to analyze T cell immunity to allergy and cancer. This individual will support and collaborate research projects aligned with the lab goals, and should be capable of maintaining detailed laboratory records, analyzing data, and reporting experimental results.
• Assist in the design, implementation and interpretation of experiments involving human T cell
immune monitoring. These studies are specifically aimed at tracking antigen-specific T cells in an ex vivo approach.
• Perform tissue culture: Generation of antigen-specific T cells, FACS sorting and expanding cells in vitro.
• Analyze T cell phenotype and function using techniques including flow cytometry, RT-PCR, and T cell assays.
• Contribute to the preparation and presentation of written or oral progress reports concerning studies and assist in publication of results.
• Immunology background with particular knowledge of T lymphocyte biology would be ideal
• Experience in cell culture techniques, multi-color flow cytometry and in establishing and maintaining T-cell lines/clones is preferred.
• Molecular biology experience.
• Master’s degree a plus.
• Computer skills: Experience with Microsoft Excel, Prism (Graphpad), FlowJo analysis software and statistical programs for data analysis.
• A bachelor’s degree in a biological field and two years or more of post-bachelor’s laboratory research experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, and attention to detail are critical.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.